• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 9.1 not syncing all photos in catalog

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying hard to follow some helpful instructions I got from this forum but still having issues. I am trying to use Lightroom Classic on my home workstation to then be able to view and edit photos using the new Lightroom on my lapto PC, iPhone etc. First task sync the catalogue to get the data into the cloud. My catalogue has 37,300 photos including Nikon raw/DNG/TIF/JPEG and I toggled the twesty by my name and clicked the sync with Lighroom option. It is syncing just fine but has only sync'd 2821 out of the 37,300. Any ideas as to why this might be happening?  

Lightroom Classic version: 9.1 [ 201911291132-64cf80b4 ], License: Creative Cloud, Language setting: en, Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition, Version: 10.0.18363, Application architecture: x64, System architecture: x64, Logical processor count: 12, Processor speed: 3.6 GHz, Built-in memory: 16338.8 MB, Real memory available to Lightroom: 16338.8 MB, Real memory used by Lightroom: 2766.1 MB (16.9%), Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 3635.3 MB

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony,

Lightroom Classic only syncs previews of the images and not the original images, you need to create collection of the images you want to sync and that collection will be synced to Lightroom on the mobile device and desktop as Album.
Please have a look here for more information: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/how-to/sync-photos-lightroom-mobile.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link helped thank you. It appears that you can only sync collections that are tagged. I understood the bit about the previews only but couldn't understand why only a few of my photos were syncing. 

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning on the sync in Lightroom Classic only makes a connection to the cloud. If there are images in the Lightroom cloud, they will download to your computer when you turn on the sync. For example, images could be in your Lightroom cloud if you use Lightroom on a phone to capture photos.

Nothing automatically syncs up to the cloud from Classic. You are correct in understanding photos first have to be in a collection. Then you can sync the collection to Lightroom.

I have a course that explains all of this on LinkedIn called Learning the Lightroom Ecosystem. Check it out if you are interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. As you are an expert have you found any examples where two PC's sync in a cloud outside of Adobe like OneDrive?. This would need both machines to run Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The workflow you describe is not recommended and I don't know of any instances where someone has made it work. The best workflow is to have a master Lightroom Classic catalog on one computer. Selectively sync the photos with Collections that you need access to on the other computer. Then use Lightroom (cloud app) on the secondary computer to work on the synced images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines