Highlighted

Lightroom Classic: External devices not recognized

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm relatively new to LR although I have been using LR classic for some time. Is it possible to import images from my external hard drives directly into LR. Neither my external drives nor my iphone seem to be recognized by the import interface.

Message was edited by: Akash Sharma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic: External devices not recognized

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm relatively new to LR although I have been using LR classic for some time. Is it possible to import images from my external hard drives directly into LR. Neither my external drives nor my iphone seem to be recognized by the import interface.

Message was edited by: Akash Sharma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akoor,

Sorry that your external devices are not getting recognized in Lightroom Classic while importing. That shouldn't be happening, let us help make this right.

Which version of Lightroom Classic are you using? Could you please show us a screen capture of what you're looking at in the Import module?

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lightroom or Lightroom Classic? Is your external drive mounted?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
cmgap LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is the  drive / phone connected to your computer? Can you see the drive or phone  in the  finder?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines