• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Import error files from R6: HELP !

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

Two weeks ago I have changed my Canon 6D for a Canon R6. Since then, each time I have imported pictures, I have end up with SOME of the pictures (not all) unable to be imported, adobe giving me an error message saying that my file might be damaged. Indeed, most  of my files get imported correctly but not all of them which seems really weird to me. 

Here are the information I have gathered so far. Hopefully you will have a solution to proprose, other than changing my MAC, which I was planning to do but not this year.  

1. MAC have been restarted

I have restarted my MAC few times since. No change

2. Files seems ok

Yesterday, I have ask my friend to import the same files in her lightroom (she use the Lighthroom not Lightroom Classic) and she got NO problem at all ! So to me, it means that the files themselves have no problem.

3. Lightroom specs

Lightroom Classic   9.4

Camera Raw  12.4

Based on this web site, it should be enough https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html#Canon

Please not that I cannot upgrade my lightroom version with the version 10. My MAC run IOS High Sierra

4. Adobe DNG Converter

Temporary (until I upgrade my MAC) I tough I could maybe use Adobe DNG Converter.  

Again I have got an error message saying that It cannont be installed on my mac, it has to be Version 10.14 or later (I am at version 10.13) (https://console.adobe.io/servicesandapis

I know the easy answer would be to change my MAC but honnestly I am hopping very hard that there my be a temporary way which I can used to import those files ...  

Thanks in advance !!

Nancy

P.S. How come it can upload some files but not others!?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?