• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic - mobile device sync

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic on Windows and Lightroom app on iPhone. My iPhone appeared as a disk under "Folders" in Lightroom Classic.

I did a mistake and removed the folder. How do I get it back? If I click on the cloud in upper right corner it shows that the sync is still active.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you removed the folder, you would have received a warning message telling you that photos in that folder would be removed from the Lightroom catalog. When you go ahead and remove, all the images in that folder are automatically removed from the cloud also, so you should also see that they have been removed from the Lightroom app on your phone.

Because they are not automatically deleted from the local hard drive, you should be able to reimport them again....but you will have lost any editing and other metadata which you may have added (unless you save metadata to XMP as standard). You should find them on your C drive, in a folder called "Mobile Downloads.lrdata" in the Pictures/Lightroom folder. When you import them again, they will not automatically sync to the cloud, you would need to manually do that by either adding them to a synced collection or adding them to the All Synced Photographs special collection in the Catalog panel.

Note that if you don't want that iPhone "Drive" to appear in the Folders panel when you sync images from the phone, you can change the storage location on your local hard drive to a "normal" folder....see the Classic Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Jim,

Thank you for your fast reply!

I did get that alert, yes and everything got deleted from my iPhone Lightroom app. I havent done any editing etc, so I have not lost any data. All the images are still on the phone, so I added them to the Lightroom app again and I can see in the online Lightroom that the images have been synced back to the Adobe cloud.

My problem is that I want the iPhone drive to be visible in Lightroom Classic so I can continue syncing my iPhone lightroom inn to Lightroom Classic on my computer. I just dont know how to get it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines