• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Permently Deleted My Photo

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very weird thing happened to me today. I was editing a photo in Lightroom Classic, changed the profile, and Lightroom gave me the "this file cannot be found" error. I went to the source folder, and it wasn't there. I checked the recycle bin, it wasn't there either. I searched my entire computer and it's completely gone. I know a few weeks ago there was a story that the Lightroom app on phones would delete photos, but my understanding was that this was for the Lightroom CC app, not Lightroom classic on a computer.

It wasn't that important of a photo thankfully and I have the exported JPEG already, but I can't believe this happened. I've been using Lightroom for years and never had a single issue. Has anyone else experienced this or something similar?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While not theoretically impossbile, it's pretty unlikely that Lightroom Classic itself deleted your photo and yet left the reference to it and its previews in your LrC catalog.

You may want to repost this over in the Lightroom Classic forum with more information, like your LrC version and Windows version at a bare minimum.  This forum is for the cloud version of Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines