• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic web gallery doesn't render in mobile

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprised I don't see other posts with this issue.  Doing a web export using grid gallery template and it doesn't render in mobile.  Using a basic (current) Safari browser, the attached image shows what I see for a gallery with 118 images in it.  If I scroll up and down repeatedly, eventually more photos load.  Anyone know what the issue is or how to resolve?  Surely I'm not the only one trying to post a basic gallery online for mobile viewing on iPhone?

Thank you

Andy

118 image gallery renders like this on iPhone118 image gallery renders like this on iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

Could you please check out this conversation and let us know if it helps? https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/lightroom-web-gallery-photo-display-problems.31537/

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying, but no, it does not help.  Problem #2 in this thread is what I am experiencing, and it is not addressed throughout the thread.  That this thread is nearly 3 years old and I'm still experiencing a similar problem does not give me hope for the full price product I am paying for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to do a web export anymore to create a web gallery. All you need to do is put your photos in a collection, sync the collection and make it public. This generates a public url that you can share with others. At Lightroom on the Web you can further customize how the web page displays. Here's some information that might help.

This video shows you how to set up the collection to create the public url. https://youtu.be/L3dcvM_nK9A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to reply with an alternative approach.  The whole Lightroom/Lightroom Classic/sync thing is not well thought out in my opinion and doesn't work for me.  Additionally, it does not allow anyone to view the images until they've signed up for an adobe account, or are willing to give adobe access through another social account.  

If anyone has had any luck getting the web gallery feature of Lightroom classic to work properly on a mobile device, I'm still seeking a solution to that problem.

Thanks

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom ecosytem or cloud syncing works great, but it is confusing at first, especially if you are using Lightroom Classic synced to Lightroom.

Viewers of your shared collections do not need an Adobe subscription. When you create a public url it is completely open to anyone with the link. Subscriptions are only required when you share albums with the invite only feature.

I recorded a course on LinkedIn Learning about the entire ecosystem. It explains the differences between Lightroom and Lightroom Classic and how to work with the sync functions. LinkedIn Learning is a paid service, but you can get a 30 day trial. There are a lot of great Lightroom courses worth watching beyond mine. Check this out if you want to understand how the whole Lightroom sync system works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I appreciate your information.  I've been a lightroom user (and HTML hack) for many years.  My first efforts at trying to get a good workflow in the new model were not successful.  The ecosystem seems counterintuitive and not at all in line with what I'm trying to actually achieve - though I'm not a pro, just a glorified amateur! 

I'll take a look at the courses you suggested and take another swing at it.  I do believe if done well, this can be great, and I'm willing to admit that it may still be user error and inexperience at this point. i.e. I'm realizing the login prompt I encountered was probably because I used the private link in the sharing capability.

All of that said - I still wish the darn web module would work for mobile!

Thanks again for the references and your efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't expect the web module to ever get any better. This is just my professional opinion not based on any insider information. The web module is old, predating the Lightroom cloud. The sync functionality of the cloud opens up so many easier ways to share images online. I've seen the sharing functionality continue to evolve over the last couple years. I expect that it will continue to grow and improve over time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines