Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Windows performance issue

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently moved from iMac to PC. iMac was from 2017, new PC runs AMD Ryzen 3600, 1070ti, NVME SSDs, 64GB ram, all better parts than my iMac was.

The issue I am having is the performance. The Lightroom Classic boots up still slower than on my iMac, although the machine is faster in any aspect. I was using PFixer key mapping software which was great so I use a lot of shortcuts and I am a super fast editor. I do a lot of copy and paste settings and here is my problem...

While changing the exposure, any settings on my keyboard I immediately copy those settings and apply to the next image. The issue Lightroom has on PC is that changing those settings takes around a second to register on History, thumbnail update, or on a histogram.  If I click with my mouse to any sliders, the change is instant in history, thumbnail, but if I use the keyboard, the change takes a second. So that leaves me a problem when copying the settings ctrl-shift-c (customized on LRKeys to a different shortcut though), and applying it to another image immediately after that, the setting is not recorded - because there is a second delay in Lightroom! When I wait for a second, it is alright. But as you know, every second lost is a huge waste of time.

I have tried almost everything. I know very well how to optimize Lightroom, all those tutorials are tried. I disable all the plugins on windows, wacom tablet, virus plugins, tried preferences changes, uninstalled Lightroom, tried older versions, nothing so far. I also have two different keyboards to try,  one wired, one wireless - same results. I also disabled LRKeys, using native Lightroom keyboard shortucts, all the same.

Overall, my old iMac still runs better than my "new" PC, such a shame.

Does anyone have any ideas why Lightroom has that delay because of the keyboard changes? Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?