Highlighted

Lightroom cloud sharing albums

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a strange question.

I want to share Cloud albums with family members, just to let them look at the albums.

Do my family members have to create an adobe-id to get access to the albums? They don't have an adobe license like I have to manage my photos.

Regards.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jim Wilde | Adobe Community Professional

If you specifically set the album's share setting to "Invite Only" then yes, the invitee does require an Adobe ID to view. But if you set the share setting to "Anyone Can View" then send the URL, the people you send that link to will be able to view without needing to have an Adobe ID. If you simply change the setting from "Invite Only" to "Anyone Can View", then wait a minute for that change to sync, the viewer can use the same URL just by refreshing the browser page.

TOPICS
How to, Import and share

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom cloud sharing albums

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a strange question.

I want to share Cloud albums with family members, just to let them look at the albums.

Do my family members have to create an adobe-id to get access to the albums? They don't have an adobe license like I have to manage my photos.

Regards.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jim Wilde | Adobe Community Professional

If you specifically set the album's share setting to "Invite Only" then yes, the invitee does require an Adobe ID to view. But if you set the share setting to "Anyone Can View" then send the URL, the people you send that link to will be able to view without needing to have an Adobe ID. If you simply change the setting from "Invite Only" to "Anyone Can View", then wait a minute for that change to sync, the viewer can use the same URL just by refreshing the browser page.

TOPICS
How to, Import and share

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 16, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply right-click on an album and choose “Share & Invite” and then send your family members the automatic link. They will be able to view your photos. They would only need an Adobe account if the wished to “like” or add comments to your photos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this option already.
But the invited person has to sign in with an adobe-id to view the album. That's what I would like to avoid...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot.

This is exactly what I'm looking for!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should work unless Adobe has changed things. Try copying the link to the clipboard and sending separately.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0