Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom cloud sharing albums

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a strange question.

I want to share Cloud albums with family members, just to let them look at the albums.

Do my family members have to create an adobe-id to get access to the albums? They don't have an adobe license like I have to manage my photos.

Regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

If you specifically set the album's share setting to "Invite Only" then yes, the invitee does require an Adobe ID to view. But if you set the share setting to "Anyone Can View" then send the URL, the people you send that link to will be able to view without needing to have an Adobe ID. If you simply change the setting from "Invite Only" to "Anyone Can View", then wait a minute for that change to sync, the viewer can use the same URL just by refreshing the browser page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply right-click on an album and choose “Share & Invite” and then send your family members the automatic link. They will be able to view your photos. They would only need an Adobe account if the wished to “like” or add comments to your photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this option already.
But the invited person has to sign in with an adobe-id to view the album. That's what I would like to avoid...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you specifically set the album's share setting to "Invite Only" then yes, the invitee does require an Adobe ID to view. But if you set the share setting to "Anyone Can View" then send the URL, the people you send that link to will be able to view without needing to have an Adobe ID. If you simply change the setting from "Invite Only" to "Anyone Can View", then wait a minute for that change to sync, the viewer can use the same URL just by refreshing the browser page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot.

This is exactly what I'm looking for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should work unless Adobe has changed things. Try copying the link to the clipboard and sending separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this tread isdated 2020.  This is the closest I can come to conveying my problem with album sharing.  If there's another community that is more appropriate, please advise.  How do I start a new thread?

All my albums are in "file name" order.  I always change the photo order to file name before I close.  More often than not when I send a link to someone, the photo order reverts to capture date.  I have complained, but must have gotten lost in the clouds!  What am I doing wrong or what can I do to make the photo order permanently "file name"?  This has been a pain for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread that you've posted to is unrelated to the issue that you are having with the sort order that shared albums are displayed in. There is at least one other thread in this community which covers your issue in great detail. To save you looking, however, this is how the display order of shared albums works:

The first thing to understand is that shared albums are always displayed using the currently set "Custom Order", and if a custom order has not been set for a particular order, the default custom order is capture time. As most of your shared albums are displaying in capture time order, it's reasonable to think that for those albums a custom order has not been set. 

To fix this, the easiest way is to use the LrWeb app (login to your Adobe account at lightroom.adobe.com in any browser window), then select the album that you want to share and display in filename order. At the bottom left of the initial grid, click on the icon for the Display tab....that will change the grid display to show the current custom order, which is exactly how your users will be seeing the shared album. In that mode, a small floating panel appears near the centre bottom of the grid....click on the up-arrow at the right end of that small panel:

snap1.jpg

After you click on that up-arrow, the panel will expand to show some additional display options, like this:

snap2.jpg

Note the option to "Reorder by" at the bottom. Click on the down-arrow in the button below and you will see a list of options to choose from. In your case, you can select "File Name" and clicking on that will change the display order to the file name order, which will then become the order in which your images will be displayed when you share the album with others. Note that doing that will change any currently set custom order across your entire ecosystem to match that assigned file name order, i.e. if you then select the "custom order" to view the album in any of the Lr apps, it will display in that file name order.

Once you have reordered that display order as per your preference, that is 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you so much for your reply. I think I am on the right track now.

I have been aware of Photoshop from its infancy as the President of our
local camera club in Williamsport, PA, Wayne Palmer, co authored Photoshop
Restoration and ReTouching. He mentored many of us for many years. I
probably started with Elements back in the 2000's being a PC user and
getting my first 5D. Worked thru everything up to LrC. Somewhere along the
line, I stumbled across an app, MyPortfolio which I continued to use for
years. It was within that app where the file order never remained set and
caused me much heartache.

A mentor here in FL recently stopped using LrC and went to Lr. I took a
look at it but stayed with LrC. For the past several days I have been
shifting my workflow into Lr. I see now how the albums work and that the
links that I created in Portfolio are the same. I don't understand why
Adobe would continue to support MyPortfolio and not force users in Lr.

We'll see how I adjust to Lightroom!!! Being 79, change ain't easy! But I
love it!

Thanks again, I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Chuck Probst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines