• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom collection to cloud

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few hundred photos in a collection set. All images in the collections are virtual copies. I am wanting to have access to edit these virtual copies on the road, but once I return I want all RAW edits copied back to the virtual copies on my desktop. I do not want the edited images to replace the original files or the edits of the originals. 

I have not worked with synced images in LR too much. Would this be the best method? Or is there a way to export my virtual copies to my laptop and then bring the edits back to the desktop virtual copies?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a problem!

Virtual Copies in Collections are the images you see and edit in Lightroom-Mobile. The mobile edits sync back to the Virtual Copy in the Classic Catalog.

Any Development work done on the 'Original' master image in Classic is not affected.

(Note: You cannot sync a Collection 'Set. You will need to mark the Standard Collections to Sync.)

I create books using Virtual Copies in a Collection. These collections sync the images as I see in my books, not the original color previews.

My book of 'monochromes' from VCs- http://adobe.ly/2f4mfon

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines