Highlighted

Lightroom crashes computer (Macbook Pro 2020)

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems with my new computer and Lightroom. Namely Lighroom keeps crashing my computer when using the programme and it usually happens once every hour. I also added the last error report to this post. I hope someone has some ideas what to do 🙂 

Best regards

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom crashes computer (Macbook Pro 2020)

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems with my new computer and Lightroom. Namely Lighroom keeps crashing my computer when using the programme and it usually happens once every hour. I also added the last error report to this post. I hope someone has some ideas what to do 🙂 

Best regards

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 01, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry that Lightroom desktop keeps crashing your computer. 

Which version of Lightroom desktop are you using and what is your operating system version? Would you mind checking the steps below:

• Would you mind resetting the Lightroom app preferences to default? Press and hold the Shift + Option + Delete keys.(Mac) or Press and hold the Shift + Alt keys while starting Lightroom. A dialog box should appear asking you restore the preferences.
  • Uncheck the option "use graphics processor" under the Preferences> Performance menu.

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay, but tryed it out today and still crashing. I was able to use the programm for 5 minuties before it happened...I also contacted support and tryed everything they recommended, which was reinstalling Lightroom. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0