• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom crashes when trying to import specific folders

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem with a few directories now.

I keep them on an external drive (along with all my other photos). All that's in the folder is either raw or jpegs, no videos or previously edited photos.

Either something will go wrong with the import, or lightroom will crash. I can import other directories usually fine, but once lightroom crashes on a specific directory, it will always crash when trying to import from that directory. I've even tried renaming the folder, and still the same issue.

Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry that Lightroom is crashing while importing from a specific set of folders from your external drive. 

Which version of Lightroom are you using?  To verify the version you're using : Choose Help > System Info.

Also, to check that the issue is not related to permissions, please the folders to your desktop first from external drive and then try importing them into Lightroom. Does it still crashes?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines