• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom crashing whole operating system (Mac OS 10.15.5)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Lightroom to 3.3 and also recently got a monitor (Dell S2719DC). I'm using Mac OS 10.15.5. Lightroom has been causing my entire OS to crash. It happened while editing photos after about 5 mins of having the application open. I couldn't discern what triggered it. Then I wanted to just get two photos exported, and that seemed to trigger it -- not exporting one at a time, but selecting both and exporting together. On restard, my Mac was also bringing up the ColorSync utility. When I clicked verify, it gave 5 errors, and when I tried to repair, it couldn't repair them. I'm not sure if this is related to the crashing or not. Lastly, I have the issue of 3 photos stuck in eternal sync in Lightroom. I've selected "All Photos" and filtered by sync status -- none show up. No idea what 3 photos are the issue. I've attached 4 crash reports (in one txt file) -- I have no idea what they mean (why I'm here asking).

Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 11.41.59.pngScreenshot 2020-06-20 at 11.41.39.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should note that I've had the monitor for 2 months and been using it with Lightroom. No problems until today, so really not sure if that is at all related. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just crashed again. Wasn't while exporting. Just about 45 mins into editing some photos... 2nd monitor went dark and my MacBook monitor/screen did the blackout with text (as it has before) saying "Your computer is restarting because of a problem..." or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still happening. Just tried to export ONE photo and my entire system crashed -- black screens and then a message saying my computer is restarting because of a problem. This is maddening. Every time I edit photos, I'm scared I'll lose edits and time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines