• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom creates thousands of cache files which takes up a lot of size

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a hard drive that only has a lightroom catalog inside. After using lightroom when I open that drive, it has the main lightroom folder, and thousands of cache files created by lightroom.

Whenever I delete these cache files, they appear again after using lightroom. Last time it created 2500 files, with 5gb just by using lightroom once. What the hell is this and how do I fix it?

Thank you!

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marilia,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

As Lightroom is creating thousandes of cache files, could you please let us know the version of Lightroom and the Operating System you're working with?

You may have a look at this article and use optimal settings in Lightroom to see if it helps with the issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html#Useoptimalsettin...

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am running the latest version of the CC apps (although I've had this problem for a few months) and it's running on a windows 10 machine. I've tried many options but nothing works. 😕 any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like you are using Lightroom Classic, not Lightroom, and have set the location of the Camera Raw cache to that disk. That is a setting in Preferences - Performance.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines