Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom desktop keeps showing 1 image is syncing, increases memory usage

Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been fighting performance and disc space creep for months and the culprit seems to nearly always be Core Sync and a process called lsd burying the needle on processor cycles and endless syncing. My Lr CC App nearly ALWAYS says syncing 1 file.  I have a 2015 Macbook Pro 8G, 120H with avg 21GB free. runnning the just released version of Lightroom CC and Destop creative cloud. 

Please help me stop this runaway turd of an app before I just blowup and try something else. I love Lr but I can't take this syncing sh*t any longer. I'm going to lose it. 

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Lightroom app on your MacBook keep syncing 1 file in the "Sync status". That shouldn't be haeppning, let us help make this right.

Could you please check the following solutions and let us know if that helps?

1. In the My Photos area in the left pane, select the All Photos album.
  2. Switch to the Square Grid view 

, which displays photos as equal-sized thumbnails along with their flag status, sync status, and rating.
  3. Click the filter 

icon next to the Search bar to bring up the filter options.
  4. From the filter bar options, choose Sync Status > Syncing. Lightroom now displays only those photos that it is trying to sync.
  5. Press Ctrl+A (Win) or Command+A (Mac) to select all the photos displaying in the grid and then do any of the following:
    • Apply a flag or a star rating to selected photos.

The syncing issue should now be resolved. To check the sync status, click the cloud icon at the upper-right corner. 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash, I have had the same problem as Starz_Dave for weeks now and it's driving me crazy. I have tried what you describe above and it doesn't work. When I filter for sync status the system cannot find any photos that are syncing. But the system is super slow and Lightroom says that it's syncing one photo. What to do? /Klas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Klas, 

Did you find a solution to this issue? 

Thanks

Ari 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash, 

I have the same issue. I am running Lightroom version 3.2 on Mac and the system suggests one photo is syncing but when I filter by syn status nothing shows up. Can you please help? 

Thanks, 

Ari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines