Lightroom Desktop macOS : Unable to create directory. You do not have permission to save the file

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My lightroom on my MAC is not allowing me to import photos all of a sudden. When I  try to import it says 'Unable to create directory. You don't have permission to save the file "2021-01-23" in the folder "2021". (1) *then it names the image I tried to import. I tried to import photos I have edited in lightroom in the past and it simply just won't let me import anything.

I am not tech savvy at all and I am so confused. Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're getting an error "Unable to create directory. You do not have permission to save the file" while saving a file in Lightroom Desktop.

Which exact version of Lightroom Desktop are you using and what is your macOS version?

Does it help if you navigate to Adobe Lightroom Desktop > Preferences > :Local Storage > Reset ?

You likely have a permission issue at the drive or folder level. You will need to use the Mac OS to change the permissions for your User Account for that (and perhaps other) locations. If changing doesn't work you may need to repair your permissions.

This may be of help for Repair instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/repair-disk-permissions-running-disk.html 

Thanks,

Akash

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines