Lightroom desktop : search within the shared albums for photos by keywords

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my pb: I shared several albums with my colleague who has free access to adobe creative cloud. He doesn't seem to be able to search for photos by keywords in the albums I shared with him. Is this feature not present on free accounts. Thanks for your feedback 

TOPICS
How to

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020
Hi there,    Lightroom shared albums do not have the option to search by keywords.   It would really help if you can share your feedback on this discussion: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/add-search-option-for-shared-albums   As this forum is monitored by our engineers and they will review it for future product development.   Thanks, Akash

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Lightroom shared albums do not have the option to search by keywords.

It would really help if you can share your feedback on this discussion: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/add-search-option-for-shared-albums

As this forum is monitored by our engineers and they will review it for future product development.

Thanks,

Akash

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is a strategy by Adobe. If you need to really cooperate and share with your team or clients you need to invest in a costly DAM solution by Adobe or another company.

No other solution, even an enterprise licence, let you look for shared assets by keywords, which makes lightroom useless for a real Teamwork.

Not being able to filter any image library by metatags renders it useless.

I am pretty sure this feature will never be implemented in the Adobe CC package. You need to look for alternative or pay.

I'd like to be proven wrong!

Cheers

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines