• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom displaying at low quality

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Lightroom on a PC with a 4K screen. However, Lightroom is only displaying at 1536x864. So everything looks like it's upscaling to 4K and therefore losing quality. All detail in images and in the modules is gone.

A couple of other things-

Lightroom thinks it's operating in Windows 8, when in fact I have Windows 10.

In the system info below it says I'm running Lightroom Classic version: 9.2. Then further down it says Version: 6.2.9200

I don't know if either of those make a difference to the display performance.

Here's what it displays for operating info (you'll notice how the text is showing up almost pixelated, that's my issue)-

Capture.PNG

Does anybody know why it's doing this and knows a solution?

Thank you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well firstly, version 6.2.9200 does not refer to Lightroom, but the version of your OS, in this case, your build of Win 8. 

So you need to actually verify which version of Win you actually have and that is running. Lightroom from this information is revealing that you have Win 8 and its build.

The latest build for Win 10 is 10.0.18363

You firstly need to review your operating settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also need to check if your graphics card can actually support your 4K monitor. It is an old card by today's standards, released in March 2015, so no wonder it is struggling with your monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help-

I checked and am running Windows 10. I didn't have the latest update installed so I did that and am now up-to-date with 10.0.18363. The problem still persists and Lightroom still registers my computer as Windows 8 6.2.9200.

I have the full CC on my computer and don't have this issue with other apps. Premiere, AE, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign all look and function as normal. Lightroom is the only app not displaying properly.

I used to have an older version of Lightroom (Lightroom CC 2015) and that one displayed properly. However, it wouldn't update to the latest version. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling to get the latest one and that's where my issue began. My graphics card is also up-to-date as of last night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines