• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom doesn’t export in RAW

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom doesn't save changes and doesn't export my RAW file anymore. Happened suddenly. I basically work on my image, crop etc.... then select export, make sure I m exporting in RAW, land on my desktop un edited and in JPEG. I need to give my client the edited RAW version! What is happening with Lightroom? I m using MAC. I trying on my desktop and laptop. Same issue. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you shoot these images as raw+jpeg? In that case exporting originals will put the edits as metadata in the jpeg sidecar. When you import these into anopther Lightroom instance, the edits should come in through the jpeg.

Just to make sure, you do know that you cannot "edit a raw". Raw files are always unchanged. When you exported a raw image as original, the edits are stored inside a sidecar with an .xmp extension (or inside the metadata part of a .dng file or a jpeg file if you originally shot raw+jpeg). When you open an exported raw in any other application (i.e. non-Adobe) you will not see any edits. Only Adobe apps can interpret the edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines