• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom doesn't want to import my Apple Photos library

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Lightroom for the first time. It asked me, if I wanted to try and bring Apple Photos library into Lightroom. I said yes. I browsed and found the library file and clicked "Review for Import". After a second or so, it just said:

"No images that can be imported were found in the selected source. If you are importing from a phone, please make sure it's unlocked."

Sooo... what? The library file is over 300 gigabytes. And there are NO images that can be imported? What is the criteria, even? And how can Lightroom think that a file on my hard drive might be a phone?

Oh, and it's a brand new iMac, still on Mojave because many of the apps I regurlarly use haven't been updated. I have installed and successfully used other CC products.

Should I just come to the conclusion that Lightroom is really not for me? This all seems so stupid.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Notawiz, 

Sorry to hear you're unable to migrate your Apple Photos to Lightroom. Are the files stored locally on your computer? Here is a link with more information on how to solve that problem: No assets available for migration 

Additional information that may help: Possible Migration Errors 

Let us know if you're encountering any of those issues. 

^Carissa 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines