• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom drive letters not agreeing on laptop and desk top

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old desk top computer and my laptop recognized my external hard drive as Drive J for Lightroom work. I now have a new desktop computer that I installed LrC on. The Drive Windows assigned was L. I tried changing it to J, but it did not work. On Lightroom Queen, I got directions on how to change drives through Disk Management. When it gives a list for available Drives, J is not on it. I sat on the Chatroom feature here on Adobe for 1 1/2 hours and got no where. I tried renaming my Laptop to a different Drive letter but then I could not access all my files. Any suggestions or sure fixes that are not chancy or round about? (I have seen a number of posts in various places that don't really fix the issue.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were on the right track, but your new computer must have multiple devices connected that already occupy D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K:

Do the External Drive rename again but this time choose a drive letter like P: (for Photos) or another closer to the end of the alphabet, then there is little chance that Windows will have used this Drive letter.

(You do not rename any internal drives!)

Once Windows recognizes your external as Drive P: you then open the Lightroom-C Catalog and re-link the catalog folders (that will show as [ J:? ] missing ) to the new Drive name.

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Adobe link)

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Lightroom Queen)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
WobertC, thank you for replying.

I am working through things using methods from one of your links. It's just
taking me a while. I'll let you know when I get it right!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines