• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Duplicating Folders and Files When Synching Folder

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I was baffled but thought I must have made a mistake when copying some folders when organizing my images—somehow I duplicated a whole bunch of folders and placed them in the wrong directory—although it really didn't seem likely; now it happened again and it was not a user error this time and I am sure it wasn't the first time either. The last time it happened I spent hours resorting and figuring out which folders were duplicated and if the subfolders and images in the subfolders were exactly the same—and they were not! And that made it really difficult. It seems that images I had recently deleted when sorting in Lightroom may have come back, and/or the folders they were in came back. They were deleted off my hard drives so I don't know how that is possible.

I keep one volume with the past two years of photos organized by date (see screenshots): 2019 and 2020. Within those two folders I upload photos from memory cards from two cameras using Nikon Transfer 2 application that creates a folder with the date the images were captured. It loads images from my Z6 into one folder and images from my Z7 into a second folder. It doesn't make a mistake doing it and neither do I. Of course, since 2019 is past it is not going to get any new images loaded into it; 2020 is of course ongoing. Yesterday I synched the 2020 folder that includes subfolders for the Z6 and Z7 and left the computer while processing and did not return to it until this morning. Now I see that I have thousands more photos in the 2020 folder and sure enough there are a whole bunch of 2019 folders in the 2020 folder, for both the Z6 and Z7, again! And while the dated folders are the same as what is in the 2019 folder, the file size and quantities of images do not! So, once again I have to sort through this mess.

Why and how did this happen?? I do not have time for this and I can tell you I am really ticked off about it. Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?