Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom editing removed on restart

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I was adding some new photos with the import feature in Lightroom yesterday, the newest edition that syncs to the cloud. Working in OSX.

Then I did some editing and opened it up in Photoshop with the built-in feature in Lightroom, finished the editing and closed the documents in Photoshop. In all normal cases that would mean that the editing would then be saved in Lightroom as a version of the photo and uploaded to the cloud. 

Today when I got back to the studio and opened up Lightroom, 75% of my edited photos are reset to its initial state, all editing removed. A few are left but most of them are gone. 

Is there any way for me to retrieve that editing? Is it saved somewhere before being uploaded to the cloud? 

Also, why did this happen and how do I avoid it in the future? Does it not save the editing if I close Lightroom before it has synced all files?

Thankful for any help,

Regards,

Marcus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Ok sorry, it showed up. The files were not in the same Album anymore but they turned up when I chose to see "All photos".

Not sure how they were removed from the album but thats a minor issue.

Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok sorry, it showed up. The files were not in the same Album anymore but they turned up when I chose to see "All photos".

Not sure how they were removed from the album but thats a minor issue.

Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines