Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Export Quality

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all readers,

I have a recuring problem with Lightroom 6 when I export a file and then view it on my computer. There is a huge, and I mean a huge loss of quality, like tons of bluriness, completely faded picture, loss of luminosity, sharpness, etc. To better illustrate I attach a screen capture where the same picture, albeit not so great to start with, yet shows a tremendous side by side difference when picture is in Lightroom and next when it is in the windows photo viewer. Is there any solution to this depressing problem ? My monitor ICC profile is the usual  sRGB IEC61966-2.1. and be it on Bridge, browsers, PS6 or Windows viewer, once exported to JPEG from LR with the highest JPEG settings, it's still crap reopened anywhere else when it comes to night skies, if less noticeable on daylight pictures. What I don't get is that I see awesome edited night images everywhere on the web, so how do they do it if one of the leading industry software gives that crap as output, and how to fix it ? Any idea very welcome...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has nothing to do with the monitor profile, but with the importance of viewing at 1:1.

Noisy and/or oversharpened images must be viewed and edited at 1:1, where one image pixel is represented by one screen pixel. (this is also the case for exported files) Also applying sharpening, noise reduction, removing chromatic aberration and moiré must always be done at 1:1 with any image.

Any other magnification will be inaccurate and misleading because the image has been scaled.

For a detailed explanation of this, read the post by Jao_vdL in this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-exported-image-no-longer-looks-th...

You can insert images directly in your posts by clicking the Insert image icon in the toolbar.

You have also posted in the wrong forum, so hopefully a moderator will move this thread to the Lightroom Classic forum.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines