Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Export to JPG changing image

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

When I go to export my edited DNG files to jpg's, selecting 'JPG' as the export format changes the coloring and saturation of the photo preview. If I change it back to DNG, then I see the orginal edit again. Even if I select TIFF or change the export color space to adobe rgb or prophoto, the color change stays. Thanks for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you find a solution for your problem? IOf yes, can you please share with me too?

I have the same püroblem which makes me crazy... 

Thank you, 

Marko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you use a color managed application to view the image. Note that windows photo viewer is NOT color managed. It will never show you the correct color. On Mac OS X basically everything is color managed so this problem doesn't occur as readily there. Second, you need to calibrate the monitor you are working with using color calibration hardware such as colormunki, spyderX, etc. This is essential for being able to trust the color you see on screen. This is essential on WIndows and really can't be skipped. Macs usually come fairly well calibrated from the manufacturer but even there you should do this step. If you are on a mobile device, you can't really calibrate but make sure all the dynamic modes (night shift, truetone, etc.) are turned off. They degrade the color reproduction severely. On Android devices you typically cannot trust the color anywhere unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines