Lightroom freezes at "moving your photoes" upon startup

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Versions: Lightroom 4.2 latest, Windows 10 pro latest.

A couple days ago, I imported a lot of photoes and Lighroom quickly overflowed my SSD unexpectedly. Therefore, I decided to move the Lightroom cache to an HDD.  

The next day, this began to happen, as whenever I start Lightroom, it starts moving photoes and permananely freeze at photo 0 / xxx. This is extremely annoying. With this popup in place, I was not allowed to perform any actions, only receiving a warning sound, unless I choose "Stop Until Next Time" and give myself the hassle for the future.

What I have tried: 

• Uninstall Lightroom
  • Uninstall Lightroom clearing all settings
  • Deleting the whole Lightroom cache folder
  • Recovered the Lightroom cache folder
  • Performed another Lightroom cache move to another drive
  • Performed a third Lightroom cache move back

None of these would remove this failed move. 

Why is it so stubburn? I don't care even if it deleted all these photoes since I have a copy in Microsoft Onedrive, but I need an option to ignore existing errors and carry on.

Thank you.

Serena

1.png

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Community Beginner , May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021
Well, I inspired myself when I wrote "I don't care even if it deleted all these photoes" and it was actually the only way to remove the error. I permanently deleted all Adobe cloud photoes and the error is now gone. 

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corrention: it's not "Lightroom cache" but actually "Lightroom originals".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I inspired myself when I wrote "I don't care even if it deleted all these photoes" and it was actually the only way to remove the error. I permanently deleted all Adobe cloud photoes and the error is now gone. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines