• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom frozen after power cut

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week we had a power outage, (lasting all of 3 seconds), but enough to shut down the Imac. Unfortunately, Lightroom was in the middle of either deleting about 9 pictures, or re-importing – I can't remember which, as I was deleting in order to re-import. Now, every time I try to launch Lightroom I get an error message: "Fatal database error at path "/Users/... ... database disk image is malformed." The options are 1) to postpone for one week, 2) to resume later or 3) to try again. None of these gets me out of the freeze. There is no option to abort. I can't therefore access any of my library and all I have is a black screen, for ever. (I'm on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this reply. The error message you display is exactly the one I have. 
However I followed all the steps and so far I am still jammed up (i.e. broken blue ring going round and round, 24 hours now and counting).  
I do have 73K photos!! – so it might take a long time to re-sync, but I would expect to see a progress bar or some pictures gradually load; instead it looks like nothing is happening.  (This is not as much of an issue as it might seem from my end as I also have them all loaded in Apple Photos, so nothing is lost – just I'd like to have a working Lightroom facility. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that I have (twice) deleted and reinstalled Lightroom, but that hasnt worked. I have also re-booted. The only option left, as far as I can see, is to terminate my account and delete all pictures and start again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah – sorry and thank you!! My earlier reply that this solution had failed, was because I had done something very dumb indeed (followed all the steps on my MacHD, when the mac is now running off an external hard drive and I forgot that!) So I repeated steps on the correct drive and my pictures are all gradually re-loading. Lovely to have them back! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines