• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom in the cloud

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Anyone know how to backup photos, retouch settings and organization by folders and albums of lightroom in the cloud NO LIGHTROOM CLASSIC. Greetings.

Hola, Alguien sabe como hacer un copia de seguridad de las fotos, ajustes de retoque y la organización por carpetas y álbums de lightroom en la nube NO LIGHTROOM CLASSIC. Saludos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the the various Photograpy Plans include Lightroom Desktop and Mobile (different plans have different Cloud storage levels - and one doesn't include Classic).

https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshop-lightroom/compare-plans.html

If you import and photos into Lightroom Desktop or Mobile then as long as you have internet connection and enough Cloud storage, all photos and edits will sync to the Cloud and across all devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plan I have is the Lightroom Plan, where I have the lightroom cloud and lightroom mobile applications, plus 1 TB of storage.

And I would like to know if there is any way to have a backup on an external disk just like you can have in Lightroom Classic, which is by copying the folder where you have the lightroom catalog, the photographs and the database with the adjustments that I have made. to each photograph.

Well, the same, as it is done in the lightroom application in which you have stored all the photographs in the cloud.

Thanks in advance and hopefully you can give me a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's possible to download a copy of the original image files from the cloud to a local drive, but they are of course not edited (as edits are stored in the catalog)....so not really much use as a working backup.

It's also possible to manually backup the local catalog, but as that local catalog would be rebuilt automatically from the cloud's master catalog if you have a local disaster, the benefit of backing up the local catalog yourself is somewhat dubious. 

If you were thinking that your own local copy of the local catalog could be used to correct some significant error that you might have made to the master cloud catalog, then I don't think that's possible. From a fairly limited test, the restored local catalog would be reset to conform to the position of the master cloud catalog. But that was a limited test, I haven't had the time to do any more extensive testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines