Highlighted

Lightroom iOS deleted my DNG files !!??

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had DNG files from a trip I took recently and was about to make prints at a lab. I subscribed to the paid version of lightroom iOS to make selective adjustments, when I did this all of my DNG files were deleted from my device. They are gone forever and not recoverable?? Anyone know about this?

Seriously what kind of software is Adobe making these days every time I try to use an Adobe software program in a consumer or professional environment it ends up being a huge liability. Why does anyone even bother with their awful software anymore and when it doesn't work (even their ebook iOS app is a nightmare) they just send you to a chatbot or some random forum? 

TOPICS
Bug, Download and install, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom iOS deleted my DNG files !!??

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had DNG files from a trip I took recently and was about to make prints at a lab. I subscribed to the paid version of lightroom iOS to make selective adjustments, when I did this all of my DNG files were deleted from my device. They are gone forever and not recoverable?? Anyone know about this?

Seriously what kind of software is Adobe making these days every time I try to use an Adobe software program in a consumer or professional environment it ends up being a huge liability. Why does anyone even bother with their awful software anymore and when it doesn't work (even their ebook iOS app is a nightmare) they just send you to a chatbot or some random forum? 

TOPICS
Bug, Download and install, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom IOS app doesn't just arbitrarily delete all of your images. Mine are all still there that I have uploaded or have taken and have placed there. The only ones that have been deleted are the ones I have intentionally deleted. Something else has gone awry in your situation, and without more information, just a rant on your part, there isn't much help we can offer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What more information can I give? 

I was editing my raw files in the free version, but to use selective editing an upgrade is required as prompted within the app, so I selected the option to upgrade and confirmed to unlock the more advanced toolset. I saw an icon indicating that something was processing. Once it was completed the app reappeared on my screen but now with a completely empty photo library, where all of my images were previously stored before pressing the upgrade button.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone else is going to have to help you. I have never used the free version. Since you have now subscribed and have an Adobe ID and password you have been directed to a different storage allocation is what I would assume. Since I am only a user, and primarily a Lightroom Classic user, I wouldn't know how to advise you to recover those images that you uploaded using a free version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files were all stored on my device nothing was uploaded to the cloud. I would hope that lightroom does not require you to store your images on the cloud as that would not be practical for me I have a slow data connection where I live.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently you haven't understood the whole  idea behind Lightroom 3.3 and Lightroom Mobile on your mobile device. The images ARE stored in the cloud hosted by Adobe so that the images can be edited on the mobile device you uploaded the images from, or other mobile devices, or from a computer that has the desktop version (Lightroom 3.3) installed on it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't see any logical reason why my images would disappear. It seems like a major flaw in the software, if simply upgrading the iOS app to the paid subscription version causes you to lose all of your images shot with the free version. Whether the files were stored locally On my device or in the cloud, the files should not be lost, that doesn't make any sense.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
greule LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try to connect your mobile device with a Mac-desktop-machine and when you have MacOS-Catalina running just open up  the Music-app, select the mobile device and from there open up "Sync Settings" and on the upcoming dialog select files.

When you open up from there Lightroom entry, do you see 2 entries (longer numbers) listed. If so, the number with the 00000 most probably contains your photos from your fee version. Just drag&drop the 0000-entry to you desktop machine and you will see find an Originals folder from where you can retrieve your photos. 
In case you have not yet MacOS Catalina running just follow the steps from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing....
Hope this helps. 

We are hoping to have this issue fixed with our next release.
Guido/ lr Mobile QE

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 1
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used a free version of Lightroom, so I don't know how to respond to your question. All I can suggest is that you keep monitoring the forum in hopes that someone who understands what has really happened to your images will be able to advise you on how to recover them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0