• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is Confusing on Purpose

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit. Lightroom Classic and CC are two separate products. Adobe knows, and I know, that most people want the photo editing software from Lightroom. 

But they force people to install Lightroom CC. And then it backs up all photos on the computer to the cloud. Or starts to. Then gives you a message that your storage is full and for $9.99 or $29.99 or whatever... it'll be unfull. 

QUIT. Name the products Cloud and Lightroom.

And to top it off, you have to go through 40 minutes of forum searching to learn how to get rid of the cloud backup (that we didn't want in the first place, and SURE AS HECK aren't going to pay even more for).

And when you do finally figure out how to delete the photos off the cloud - under some "Edit" functions, not the "Delete" function (which would make sense) - you get a message saying you're going to lose your photos!

Don't do that.

I'm backing up my hard drives, and even disconnecting my main computer from the internet and hitting that "Delete all" because I'm not sure it won't affect my hard drive.

And Adobe does it on purpose to sell more cloud storage.

Quit. If I want cloud backup, I'll buy it. If I want photo editing software I'll buy it... Separately (which is what I wanted I the first place... But you know that). 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The change of program names by Adobe has been a nightmare.

After a long time following the forums I still do not have a 'handle' on all the Program names, especially the 'mobile' products.

Yes I sympathesize with noobies when choosing Adobe Photography software.

I see the naming progression something like this-

Lightroom –Desktop based- local files

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom v1-6 > Lightroom-CC  v6-7 > Lightroom-Classic v8.4.1.

Lightroom – Cloud based- files stored in Cloud.

Lightroom Mobile v1 > Lightroom-CC? > Adobe Photoshop Lightroom v2.4.1.     

Installed on a PC or Mac laptop- called Lightroom-Desktop just to confuse us even more!!!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed. The confusion is incredible and I was very frustrated that my catalogue was lost. In the future expecting similar disregard to compatibility and confusion, I abandoned Lightroom altogether. I discovered DigiKam to browse through my photography folders. It is fast, processes RAW, and can be linked to photoediting software like PhotoShop (Classic, not CC) or Gimp. Also Darktable is a good alternative and has a similar look-and-feel than lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines