• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is exporting ALL of my files at once.

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Lightroom for several years, without a problem.  Now, suddenly, when I try to export a file, instead of exporting that one file, it's exporting all 20,969 files (IN DUPLICATE!!).  It sucks that I can't find a contact number for Lightroom, so I'm trying to figure it out this way.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, your Lightroom is - Lightroom (CLoud based), Lightroom-Classic or earlier version (local folder based)?

Sounds like you had ALL photos selected by [All Photographs] and [Ctrl+A].

In (local folder versions) You can interrupt (cancel) an export by clicking on the [x] on the progress bar.

"In duplicate" - may mean you repeated the Export.

What are your settings in the Export dialog?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, and sorry for taking so long to respond, but I've been sick, and away from the computer.

I believe I have the local folder version, because they're usually saved in one of my folders.  I think you may be right about Ctrl+A, I may have inadvertantly hit that combination, believing I was doing a different function.

Where do I check the "Export dialog," and which setting should I be using?

Also, would Ctrl+A continue after I've closed and reopened Lightroom?

I really appreciate your time and help.

Thank you,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lr-Classic: Thanks!

I think you may be right about Ctrl+A, I may have inadvertantly hit that combination, believing I was doing a different function.

[Ctrl+A] can be very annoying if you frequently view you photos by clicking on the "All Photographs" list. [Ctrl+A] would then select EVERY photo in your catalog. (thousands!!!). View the Grid with a folder selected- [Ctrl+A] will select all the photos stored in that particular folder (and possibly any sub-folder images viewed in the grid).

[Ctrl+D] is a good shortcut to learn as it De-selects all images viewed in the grid. Then you can be more certain that only the images you now actively select are the photos you will export.

Where do I check the "Export dialog," and which setting should I be using?

That's an open question requiring much explaining. "which setting" depends on the 'Why' you are exporting!

The free eBooks are a great source of info to help with these basic topics.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/

You do know that you do not have to export photos to 'Save' them, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAkEWfpxH7U

Also, would Ctrl+A continue after I've closed and reopened Lightroom?

TBMK (never had to try !) If you have selected 'all' photographs with [Ctrl+A] then, maybe, it would continue exporting ALL the selected photos until you cancel the export by clicking on the [x]

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines