• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LIGHTROOM - KEEPING LR EDITS WITH FILES.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not too sure how to work the title, but here goes..

I have been shooting and mixed my SD cards up..

I have some great images and want to keep the edits, I will be taking the images from one of the SD cards and either putting them in the new folder on my laptop or transfer onto the correct SD card? But I want to make sure I keep the edits...

Hope this makes sense?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what your SD cards have to do with your edits or why you would transfer anything to an SD card?

Can you provide more details on how you are editing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lr CC or Lr Classic? In either case your image edits are inside of Lr. If you are using Lr Classic your images are somewhere on your computer, not the SD card. If you are using Lr CC the images are in the cloud along with the edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys..

What I meant was I have been a little sloppy..

I have been editing the images from the SD card.. Instead of putting them in a folder in my desk top, I know this is one way of doing it... but... Now I would like to place them all in a folder, as I am travelling right now, and getting 20/30 images a day, and editing a few, but I want to be a bit more pro, if I put them all in a folder on desk top now, and import into LR from the folder on desktop, will it remember all the edits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not possible to edit images on an SD card with either version of Lr. When you imported the images they went somewhere else. Where they went, depends on what version of Lr you are using. If you tell us what version of Lr you have, we can help you find the images and the edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines