• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom lag

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, I am trying to run the new Lightroom on my 2017 8GB imac with Catalina. After a few moments it becomes impossibly slow and renders the rest of my computer unusable as well. Either I have to force quit or it can crash eventually.

I have set the graphics card to custom, allowed full accessibility, increased the cache and various other things.

I just have one batch of images about 30gb of a 1tb cloub storage on there right now.

Runs absolutely fine on my old 2013 Macbook!?

Any suggestions much appreciated. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean with 'the new Lightroom'? Lightroom Classic? Lightroom (cloud)? What exact version?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Lightroom cloud, 3.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been pretty typical of Lightroom for me, usually when creating panoramas or HDR merges (things that Photoshop and Panorama Stitcher handle just fine). My entire computer freezes (sometimes even the cursor) for a good 2-5 minutes before it recovers. I would much rather it not freeze my computer and take longer to render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried turning off the "Use graphics card" option? Had the same issue and that fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's made it just about usable for now. Still laggy, slow and stuffs up the rest of my computer. Especially when importing photos. Bit of an unpleasant shock when 'upgrading' from an old desktop version that worked just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also experiencing poor performance in Lightroom Classic when editing photos. Spinning colourwheel and just massive lag in general. Using a 2019 Macbook Pro 13... shouldn't be happening 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines