Highlighted

Lightroom Mobile reduces image resolution

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm having a bit of a problem with the Lightroom mobile app. I've been editing my holiday pictures taken with a Sony camera, original image size is 4896 x 3672, afterwards I found out that they were automatically resized to 1440 x 1080p after exporting. All pictures were exported on maximum available quality.

The weird thing is, pictures made with my phone, original size 4032 x 3024, are exported completely fine in their original size. 

I also tried it with some downloaded 7680 x 4320 pictures, and these are also exported in their original size without any problems.

The problem seems to be with my Sony camera pictures, but I can't think of any reasons why this would happen.

I hope someone can help me! Much thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
Bug, Import and share, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Mobile reduces image resolution

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm having a bit of a problem with the Lightroom mobile app. I've been editing my holiday pictures taken with a Sony camera, original image size is 4896 x 3672, afterwards I found out that they were automatically resized to 1440 x 1080p after exporting. All pictures were exported on maximum available quality.

The weird thing is, pictures made with my phone, original size 4032 x 3024, are exported completely fine in their original size. 

I also tried it with some downloaded 7680 x 4320 pictures, and these are also exported in their original size without any problems.

The problem seems to be with my Sony camera pictures, but I can't think of any reasons why this would happen.

I hope someone can help me! Much thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
Bug, Import and share, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have discovered the same problem but for me it is not limited to new camera pictures. I am finding anything sent by email is drastically reduced in size. For me this applies to both emailed and Instagram posts. I also tried old images with the same result. I contacted support who said this was new normal. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "For me this applies to both emailed and Instagram posts."

I believe this is an issue with how your phone and the service provider carry out the transmission of the file data. When a friend or family member tells me that they are forwarding an image file to me from their phone with a request to make a print for them I say that's not a good idea. The files just get affected during transmission.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS 11.0: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds logical, except the problem only arose after the "upgrade" on September 19th.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, in my case it's not after the September 19th update, because it already happened in August when I edited them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2019 0