Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom: my photos are desappearing!!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community, 

i'm using lightroom everyday and i always do by myself the backup of all photos.
i never used the automatic backup because of i've never found the choise about the saving options like "raw+mod" or "tiff" etc..

but anyway, the problem:
yesterday night i tried to put on the option of automatic saving of backup. the program restarted.. and then, when it was opened again, the page was very little and to the top left of my desktop (my pc was going crash, i think). when i finally opened in view "full screen",  i've seen that lightroom were deleting all my photos in front of my eyes!!!!!!!!! 
but my trash is empty... so,  my photos are not deleted, but DESAPPEARED!!
naturally i restarted lightroom and put off the automatic saving again (thinking that was this the problem) but my photos continued to desappear so i closed again the app and tried again. 
NOW: 

1) from the 2800 ph that i had, now i have only 1300 ph in the program.  photos that are not saved anywhere with my modification because of in the last month for the first time i didnt have the time for doin my backup (that's why i was trying to use the automatic backup!!). 

2) everytime i open the app of lightroom, other hudreds of photos desappear in a few second 

please someone can help me?! the photos were for a competition, i worked so much on them and now i lost everything!!!! 

Ps. i naturally work with raw files (i have all of them, i just need back my photos with the modification and they were only in my lightroom albums!!!) 

NB. i work with lightroom and not with lightroom classic 

thank you 

F.D. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Lightroom forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me i still have the problem and i cant open the program!! Its passed a week, i have a lot of work to do!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom and is it Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is lightroom 3.2, not the classic version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom uploads your photos to a cloud. They are not stored in folders on your computer like Like Classic. Go to Lightroom.adobe.com to view your photos in the cloud. Make sure to login with the same credentials you used when you added your photos to Lightroom. You should find all of your photos there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that in the web version of lightroom the disappeared photo
are not even there..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most likely reason for losing photos is logging into a different account. Is there any possibility that you changed your login credentials?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non c'è nessuna possibilità! Non ho mai effettuato il log out da un anno
che ho comprato il pacchetto adobe, ne fatto entrare qualcun altro col suo
account dal mio computer.. Sono molto precisa

There is no possibility, I've never logged out in a year since I bought the
adobe package and never let someone else log-in his account using my
computer. Im very precise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry Federica. I don't know of any ocassions of Lightroom removing photos other than the user deleting them, or a change in the Lightroom subscription.

Let's go back to your original post. There are no "automatic backups", or any kind of backup in the Lightroom application. Can you provide more specific details about this? Where and how were you trying to setup a backup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines