Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not applying tags to multiple photos in browser

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've started to organize my files and for easy sake I'm using my browser for it.

I've come to the point where I want to tag my files and when I select a folder (multiselect + shift click first to last file) and add keywords it looks like things are getting processed, but in the end, no keywords are added to my files.

Is this a bug?

Or what is the way to multi-tag files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thoughts- If you are using Lightroom v4.2 (on a Mac or PC) then your photo files that you have added/imported to Lightroom are 'in the Cloud', stored in the Adobe Cloud ecosystem.

The files you see in File Browser are in your computer and not the same files!  (copies of the Cloud files). I would not be surprised that you do not see the tags in Lightroom.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback, but I'm not using Lightroom on MAC or PC. I have a Lightroom iOS license, and the editing I was doing was via Lightroom Web.

One thing I did notice is that tags do get applied, but they do not show up in an Album.

So it appears tags are ok, but it's just a matter of them not being shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you talk us through the workflow? You can't "select a folder" in LrWeb, you can either select All Photos or you can select an individual album. So which one are you using?

Once you have selected your source, yes you can select multiple images, and then in the blue selection bar you can choose the Keywords option, whereupon you can enter new keywords which will be applied to all selected keywords (or promote a keyword from the "Added to Some" section to the "Added to All" section). Once added (and the change has synced to the cloud) you should see those keywords whenever you view the keyword panel on any of those images in any of the apps in the cloud system (apart from LrClassic if you have synced your Classic catalog). That should be the case irrespective of whether you're viewing an image in All Photos or a containing Album. So I'm a bit confused when you say you can see the tags have been added, but "they do not show up in an Album". Are you still using LrWeb at this point or have you switched to a different app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure thing.

First of all, everything is done in LrWeb.

In my Album I'm using the multiselect tool, and selecting all files via clicking on the first + shift-clicking the last.

In the blue bar, I select keywords and type the ones I need. I see the processing in the background and once done I click on close. But after doing this action, I check a random file in this album for its tags and they have are not visible.

Now when I do a search for the tag, the file is showing up which means the tags was applied.

Also, when I go to another Album that contains that file and I check the tags, I can see the tags, however, when I go back to my first album and check the tags, the ones I added are still not showing.

I hope this makes it clearer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines