• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not recognizing files

New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightoom Classic 9.2.1.  It will not recognize two files that I am trying to import.  Both files appear in Bridge, and I can open both files into Photoshop.  In folder A, I made copies of the original files, one a RAW file and one a PSD file and copied them into a folder B for a particular project.  Lightroom will not recognize the files in folder B and will not recognize the copies in folder A.  I have never had this problem in the past. 

I have rebooted my computer, hoping that this would somewho reset Lightroom, but the problem persists. 

Okay, I just found out that I an see the greyed out images in lightroom.  If I click on an image, I get a message that says it has already been imported into lightroom. I have several cateloges.  When I open any catalog, the images in questeion are ot there.

Is is possible to somehow bring the images in question back into lightroom, even thouh I get a message that they have aready been loaded?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not matter if you created copies of the 'original' files, or if you placed the copies in another folder- Lightroom-Classic will still identify the copies as 'Duplicates' of the 'original' (irrespective they be RAW, TIF, PSD, etc) and, by default, will not allow you to Import them a second time.

"Greyed out" photos in the Import dialog window indicates that the photos (the 'original' version of each) is already referenced 'in' the catalog, preventing you from importing again.

To find the photo in the Catalog- Go to 'All Photographs', Turn off any Filters, Expand all Stacks, and enter the file name of one of the photos in the Filter search. If found in the catalog [Right-Click] and 'Go to Folder in Library' to see where Lightroom is referencing the photo.

Using Multiple Catalogs-  One catalog may have a photo indexed in the Catalog, another may not!  The BIG disadvantage of using multiple catalogs.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks much for your reply. It is very helpful.  I think that there is a way to merge catelogs.  Perhaps I will do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines