Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom not working since update

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Hoping someone can help.  Since updating lightroom yesterday I cannot see any of my photos nor add any photos.  It still shows that there are 28,000 photos however the screen is completely blank, no photos show up, no albums show I also can't 'add photos' the button is greyed out.  It's literally just a blank screen.  Online chat - cannot get through to anyone.  I've been on hold for ages to then be hung up on.  Frustratingly i have 4 client albums to be edited asap and i obviously cannot do anything, help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Referring to LP Classic:
 I recently updated to the latest Version of LR.

Yesterday, I upgraded to the most recent W 10 Version.

LR worked as it is supposed to do, but today I'am "invited" to the free 7 Days Trial Version etc.

LR did not recognize my my registration data....

My subscription is running  'till 2020-12-07

I see a catalog -2-2 date 2020-20-20

and a catalog -2-2-v10 dated 2020-10-28

2020-10-28 I upgraded Windows.... Between the 2 dates the PC was left alone....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert. It sounds like you are actually running Classic (Lightroom Desktop cloudy does not use catalog files). What you want to do is go into the Creative Cloud app. Then log out of your account (look for the icon at top right that looks like a big nose in a circle). Quit creative cloud app and all other Adobe apps and reboot your computer. Then open creative cloud app and sign back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So temp fix - I just installed the previous version and adobe told me to wait to update until they contact me, since changing back to the previous version everything works fine ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, all pictures are missing! They weren't loading at first and I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now can't even see the pictures 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got help 2 days ago. My computer was taken over for 2 hours. The CS member said it is a network issue. All firewalls were deactivated (although it had always worked that way). I should wait until all pictures that have sync issues are uploaded to the cloud. My computer is running night and day (5MB/s upload) but there are still several thouhsands of pictures not correctly synced and the I still cannot acces the album I want to work on. Some of the other albums are working though. How long this will take? Before the update, I could work on all pictures, even those that were not synced with the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem was solved with help of Adobe staff: I was registered with 2 accounts/mail addresses.... One for the community, one for sw registration. For many years no problem, now ist was an issue.  Adobe staff helped me to transfer registration to one account... Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since I changed this mail address,  I get frequent spam mails...  Is there a leak?

So far this mail address was used rarely....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines