• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom on Chromebook has NO SPOT TOOL frustrating! How do I find the spot heal tool?

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-02-07 at 9.10.39 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Would you mind confirming if the screenshot you have shared is for Lightroom mobile that you have installed on the Chromebook through the Google play store or are you editing the images by going to Lightroom.adobe.com?

The web client does not have the healing brush or the gradients.  

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot was made on Chromebook.

Marie Kazalia

ArtWorlda project of ArtistMarketing Resources

*Artist Marketing Resources *

Artist Marketing Resources web stores:

Artist Resources on Gumroad

Webs Store

(Personal details removed by Moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an Adobe Stock photographer, I received Lightroom free for one year from Adobe. When my one free year ran out. I began pay a monthly fee for Lightroom. It should have all the features and tools. I have NOT downloaded it as an app from the playstore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Lightroom" is a system, not one just app. The system has the cloud as the hub, which can be accessed through a variety of different client apps: there's a desktop app for Mac or Windows, a set of mobile apps for iOS and Android, and there's a web-browser. Although these client apps are broadly similar, there are still some functional differences, and one of these is that web app is a lot weaker in terms of the editing tools. That screenshot you provided looks like it was taken from within the Web app, which - as already explained - does not yet have healing or gradient tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the apps on you Chromebook and see if there is an update for the Lightroom app. After making sure you have installed the latest version, open the Lightroom app and look for the spot healing tool along the right edge. Make sure you open the Lightroom app. If you can't find it, share a screen capture of the entire screen with Lightroom open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, I believe that the Lightroom desktop app is only available on Mac or Windows, thus not on a Chromebook. However, as ChromeOS now supports Android, I also believe that it's now possible to run the Lr Mobile for Android app on a Chromebook (and some other Adobe apps as well, including the Creative Cloud app), plus the Lr Web app through a browser. The mobile app does have the Healing Brush and Selective tools, though the Web app does not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Teresa. I know you mean well. But already did that. I've been working with computers professionally since the early 1980s. I am quite familiar with the lack of tools for Chromebook, so I calling attention to the problems. 1. Why am I paying the full fee without receing the full tools? 2. Why don't developers at Adobe work to provide full tools for Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not used Lightroom on Chromebook. I assumed that Chromebook was running the Android mobile version of Lightroom. I'm pretty sure the Android Lightroom includes the spot heal brush. Therefore I don't know why it would be missing on the Chromebook. I agree it is frustrating that we don't have parity between feature sets in all versions of Lightroom, but I also don't know how challenging this is for the developers. I suggest you share your desire for the spot heal tool on the feedback site here. https://feedback.photoshop.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issues where it is only allowing the edit with the color and all other features are not listed. I have Lightroom on my iphone but wanted to use it in my laptop browser because it's hard to make corrections on a smaller screen. I do not want to download the app on my laptop. Did you ever figure out how to get all the features?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines