Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom on iPad: Delete photos from iCloud as well

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am thinking about switching from iCloud to Adobe Cloud. I like Lightroom very much but when I delete a photo in the lightroom app it remains on my iPad locally and therefore also on iCloud. Is that a bug or is there an option to change this behaviour? Otherwise organising photos in LR seems senseless to me as I would then have to delete all photos twice. 

Hopefully you can help me out?

best regards

flommm

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting an image from Lightroom cloud will not delete it from iCloud if it was also there. It will only delete it from the Lightroom app and the Lightroom cloud. That's not a bug. Apps on your iPad are not allowed to delete images from its photoroll as a security measure so it is not possible for the image to get deleted from iCloud.

The trick is to avoid having images in both locations. The photoroll you see in Photos on the iPad has nothing to do with the images in Lightroom even if it looks like that sometimes because often the lightroom app is set up to automatically import the images from the photoroll. The main way top avoid this duplication is to use the camera insidfe Lightroom and nt to use the system camera app. This will only place the image in Lightroom. You can even shoot in raw format this way which is really quite useful and can't be done in the system camera app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. Thank you for this hint. But your information is not up to date. The
google photos app is able to delete from the iPad and iCloud as well. There
is a iOS-native security message appearing where you can allow the app to
delete the photo from iPad/iCloud.

As I already have 13.000 photos and videos in iCloud it is very hard to
completely switch to Adobe Cloud. Also lightroom Camera is not available
from lock screen for quick snapshots and possibly has not the same
functions and stability. I would absolutely prefer the google behaviour
which makes sure there will be no duplicates.

Thank you anyway. Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apps indeed can delete from the Photo roll after the security message. If you want adobe to do this you should ask for it on https://feedback.photoshop.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines