Highlighted

Lightroom overheating/taxing system more than before

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a LR user for many years now.

Recently I've noticed that while batch exporting a large amount of files, my computer is really taxed. To the point that it's painfully slow to use other simple programs like Gmail running in a web browser.

During some very large exports recently, I've noticed that after the fans have been spinning at full speed, the computer will then shutdown, which I believe is due to overheating.

Not other applications on my computer have the same affect. Adobe Media Encoder and Capture One, for example, can chug away for hours without overheating the computer, and without making it painful to use other apps on my system.

I've been keeping both my OS and LR up to date, and can't pinpoint the exact time when this turned into more of an issue.

But can anyone recommend any solutions/things to troubleshoot?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom overheating/taxing system more than before

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a LR user for many years now.

Recently I've noticed that while batch exporting a large amount of files, my computer is really taxed. To the point that it's painfully slow to use other simple programs like Gmail running in a web browser.

During some very large exports recently, I've noticed that after the fans have been spinning at full speed, the computer will then shutdown, which I believe is due to overheating.

Not other applications on my computer have the same affect. Adobe Media Encoder and Capture One, for example, can chug away for hours without overheating the computer, and without making it painful to use other apps on my system.

I've been keeping both my OS and LR up to date, and can't pinpoint the exact time when this turned into more of an issue.

But can anyone recommend any solutions/things to troubleshoot?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 07, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That definitely shouldn't be happening, as you computer heats up when you export from Lightroom, could you please let us know the exact version of Lightroom you're using by going to Help > System Info?
Also, what operating system are you working on?

Are you exporting the files to an external drive or Internal drive?

Could you please have a look at this article and let us know if it helps? Optimize Lightroom performance

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response!

OS is 10.14.3

Lightroom version is 8.2

I reviewed the optimize performance page, but didn't see anything there that would seem to have an affect on my particular situtation. My system specs also are inline or exceed everything suggested on that page.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM do you have on your computer? How many applications do you have open at a time?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2019 0
jakobean LATEST
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16gigs

The number of other open programs varies.

-

{Personal Information removed by Moderator}

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2019 0