Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom panels are incomplete

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I just got a new computer and transferred Lightroom and Photoshop to it.

I had a Mac before and I switched to windows.

When I started editing photos I noticed that, within the "light" panel, the settings "lights" and "depths" are missing.

The panel itself is there, it's just incomplete.. Has somebody experienced similar problems?
Not sure what to do.

Thank you!

Esther

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

You have installed Lightroom CC, the cloud-based Lightroom. Is that what you have been using? Or, have you been using Lightroom Classic CC, the desktop-based Lightroom? The naming convention that Adobe has chosen has confused many users. We need to clarify this in your situation first of all. What is it that is "missing" that you are looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with the settings you are referring to. What exact version of Lightroom are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very strange..I had the settings on my mac..the exact version is:

Lightroom CC version: 2.2 [ 20190204-1600-e7ae188 ] (Feb  4 2019)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

This is what it looks like

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have installed Lightroom CC, the cloud-based Lightroom. Is that what you have been using? Or, have you been using Lightroom Classic CC, the desktop-based Lightroom? The naming convention that Adobe has chosen has confused many users. We need to clarify this in your situation first of all. What is it that is "missing" that you are looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I thought, so I installed the desktop version as well. As it looks completely different tho I can say the cloud vesion was the one I was using before..the pivture above is how it currently looks like. The panel "light" used to include two more settings called "lights" and "depth"..they're gone..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Lights' and 'Depth' are not part of the normal interface and never were. Is it possible that you confuse this with another application? Or that you are thinking about the options you get when you add a Range Mask with one of the local adjustment tools while you have an iPhone photo (with has depth mask info in it) selected?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked with it just two days ago..so it was part of it. I had it on my mac book air..the two settings were there..now I downloaded the same application from my adobe account on my windows desktop and its gone..
It's very strange..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot of what you see on the MacBook Air would probably be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already posted one..can you not see it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that screenshot was from your Windows system? I'd like to see a screenshot which shows the "lights" and "depth" settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh excuse me - I misunderstood. The application was deleted from my mac..New PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, that means that we only have your memory. And I can assure you that is the problem. Like I said before: there are no ‘Lights’ and ‘Depth’ sliders in the Light’ block of Lightroom CC. Please check out this page, especially the part about range mask. Does that ring a bell? How to apply local adjustments to photos based on color, luminance, and depth information

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines