• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom photos are all gone

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened lightroom today and found all photos are missing. It shows that I have 800 photos when I go to "Recently Added", but does not let me view the photos. I've looked at other community posts and found that when I look online, all my photos are still there and visible. How do I get them back on the desktop application? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you connected to the web and has sync completed?

What happens when you choose the All Photos tab?

Do you have any filter set?

The search box should display Search All Photos when there is no filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 99Jon,

I'm connected to wifi.

when I select All Photos, nothing appears. My search bar is saying Search All Photos but im not sure about filters. 
thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will help us to answer your question if you could provide the exact version number you have installed and details of your operating system e.g.
• Windows 10 v1809, MacOS Mojave (10.14) Catalina (10.15)
• Lightroom 3.1 20191124
You can find this from your application menu:
Help >> System Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've followed those instructions and it shows Mac OS 10 and

Lightroom CC Version 1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you update to the latest desktop version, Lightroom 3.1

If your subscription is still valid launch Creative Cloud desktop, go to the apps tab and click the button to update Lightroom.

If no update is available, your version of MacOS may not meet the minimum requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mac meets the requirements but I've been having trouble getting the download for the latest OS; and without the lastest OS I can't update Lightroom. Do you have any other suggestions or things I could try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Lr 3.1 on MacOS 10.14 (not the latest Catalina 10.15)

Which version of OS 10 do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running version 10.11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have thought some update would be available if only Lr 2.x

In Creative Cloud desktop you can choose Updates >> Check for Updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99Jon, I think I've figured it out. In preferences the option to "Store a copy of originals at the specified location." (Which is lightroom on my program) was unticked for some reason but now it's syncing 718 photos. Any idea on how to sync just a few? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is designed to sync all photos in the cloud to all devices and computers. If you are worried about disk space you can delete the originals when sync is complete leaving only the proxies (smart previews)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh, no worries. It's not so much the space but more the fact that it's been going for over and hour and is still syncing the total amount of images. Just not seeing any progress. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines