Highlighted

Lightroom Proofing - Red Screen?

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For several output purposes one is often required to submit images with a sRGB profile.

e.g. screen presentations, competitions etc. and with the 'Book Module' Blurb themselves indicate that they convert the images to sRGB when uploaded from Lightroom.

For these output requirements it would seem, to my simple mind, appropriate to 'Softproof' these images in sRGB?

This seems Ok for 'Blurb', as they are going to be printed anyway and the 'Destination' gamut warning box in the proofing bit allows this.

However, if the 'Screen' gamut warning box is activated, I just get a Red Screen with the sRGB Profile?

All the other Profiles for Papers and Adobe RGB do show the image, and the effect of any adjustments.

Do I use the 'Destination' gamut warning box, and adjust accordingly?

Please can someone advise? 

Geoffrey

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Proofing - Red Screen?

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For several output purposes one is often required to submit images with a sRGB profile.

e.g. screen presentations, competitions etc. and with the 'Book Module' Blurb themselves indicate that they convert the images to sRGB when uploaded from Lightroom.

For these output requirements it would seem, to my simple mind, appropriate to 'Softproof' these images in sRGB?

This seems Ok for 'Blurb', as they are going to be printed anyway and the 'Destination' gamut warning box in the proofing bit allows this.

However, if the 'Screen' gamut warning box is activated, I just get a Red Screen with the sRGB Profile?

All the other Profiles for Papers and Adobe RGB do show the image, and the effect of any adjustments.

Do I use the 'Destination' gamut warning box, and adjust accordingly?

Please can someone advise? 

Geoffrey

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen gamut warning shows in blue those colors that are available in the destination (sRGB in this case), but not in the gamut of your screen. Because even cheap monitors can display sRGB, checking that box should do little or nothing. The destination gamut warning shows in red those colors that are outside the destination (sRGB in this case). Checking that box can show quite a bit of red if you soft proof in sRGB, because Lightroom works with a much wider color space.

If checking the screen warning box shows a completely red image, then there is clearly something wrong. Try disabling the GPU in Preferences - Performance.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2020 0