Exit

Lightroom "Some photos were not added. Unable to copy file.(1)"

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

some_photo.PNG

I having problem with my desktop lightroom latest version. I'm trying to upload photo through desktop lightroom 4.0. But the message box display "Some photos were not added. Unable to copy file.(1)".

Testing on Mobile and web. Both are working fine. 

Anyone know how to solve it?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Sometime restarting everything works. Sometimes removing the SD card and try reimporting. Sometimes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a few times. but it doesn't make any different. Hope may get it solve soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having the same problem. It works randomly importing some photos and unable to import others. The files are the same type and on the same location. It's really strange. Would appreciate some info about how to fix it! 
Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue and it is very annoying. It will import some of my photos but not all from my sessions. I have been importing my photos the same way so I am not doing anything different. I am getting worried and this keeps happening. I have sessions I need to edit and get to cliets. Has anyone found something that works? Maybe unistalling and then re-installing LightRoom? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue since roughly October! I am not doing anything any different.. haven't changed the photo type, using the same SD cards I have always used.. One day it worked just fine, the next - it would only upload a few photos and give me the same error notice from above. The only way I have found around it was to email myself the photos and download the photos to my phone to them import that way. It works, but it takes so much extra time. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have tried seraching every different possible solution and I have not been able to figure anything out. It is driving me nuts and makes the whole process less enjoyable anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If u'r image file is JPG. U can change the file extension from JPG to PNG (use photoshop), then re-add that PNG (new file) to LR. The kind of extension can be the issue, that's work to me. Good luck 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you installed Lightroom from the Microsoft store, uninstall and install it from the creative cloud app instead. There is a bug in the microsoft store version that causes this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm going to have to try this! If this works, I will be ecstatic! I just had to import almost 2000 photos from a wedding to lightroom from my phone and it took 2 days! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines