Highlighted

Lightroom re install

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 was moved from one computer to another (via CD). Now it does not recognize raw files. When I look for information, I am directed to buy LRC (Lightroom Classic) via monthly plan. I already have the program - I don't have to buy it again...do I?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom re install

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 was moved from one computer to another (via CD). Now it does not recognize raw files. When I look for information, I am directed to buy LRC (Lightroom Classic) via monthly plan. I already have the program - I don't have to buy it again...do I?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of raw files? Lightroom 6 is quite old now and won't read raw files from recent cameras. You either need to use the free dng converter app to convert those raw files to dng, which LR 6 will read, or upgrade to Lightroom Classic if your camera is not supported by LR 6.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. The .NEF files were read before the transfer from old computer to new. Both were running Windows 10. I attempted to have them copied to .dng, but that failed b/c .NEF could not be read. Do I really have to scrap LR6 and buy the app subscription?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
Jao vdL LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means something is wrong with the nef files. If they were read before, you should be able to read them now and you certainly should be able to convert them in dng converter. If they don't something went wrong in transfering those files and they are now corrupted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0