• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom sync problems

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I force Lightroom to sync on my desktop?

Photos are synced on my mobile device and in the cloud, but Lightroom CC on my desktop is missing loads of photos and patently not synced even though it says it is synced and backed up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no longer a program called "Lightroom CC".

Please goto the Menu and report the Version name & number in Help/System Info...

Where do you see- "it is synced and backed up."?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the latest version of Lightroom for Cloud Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - v2.4.1 running on macOS 10.15 Catalina. 

Clicking the cloud symbol reports that Lightroom is synced and backed up - see screenshot below.  This is patently not correct: multiple albums and photo files are missing (they appear correctly in Lightroom Mobile). 

Screenshot 2019-10-27 at 07.06.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the latest version of Lightroom for Cloud - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom v2.4.1, running on macOS 10.15 Catalina. 

Clicking the cloud symbol reports that Lightroom is synced and backed up - see screenshot below.  This is patently not correct: multiple albums and photo files are missing (they appear correctly in Lightroom Mobile). 

Screenshot 2019-10-27 at 07.06.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you see when you sign into lightroom.adobe.com? If images are missing from here, then they haven't finished uploading from your mobile device and that's why they are missing from the desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - all albums and photos are present on lightroom.adobe.com and on all mobile devices. They are just missing from my desktop implementation. It is nothing to do with delays in uploading- some of the missing items are old and were previously visible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS I have a second desktop implementation - on a MacBook Air - which is completely in sync and also correctly displays all folders, albums and photos.  

I can only think that, on my main desktop computer, there must be corruption within an indexing file(s) (note that all relevant photos are shown in All Photos, but some albums are completely missing and some photos are missing from albums).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm that you are using Lightroom and not Lightroom Classic on your desktop computer? If you are, I suggest uninstalling Lightroom and then reinstalling it. Leave the local storage option off until everything syncs back up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Theresa. 

Per my previous postings, I confirm that I am not using Lightroom Classic. 

I will try what you suggest. 

Should I delete preferences (settings) at the same time as uninstalling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that doesn't solve it.  Updating to v3.0 of Photoshop Lightroom has helped (ie some of the missing photos and albums now show), but the application is still 'stuck' on syncing 35 photos.  (As an experiment, I've tried to drag a copy of a 'missing' photo from All photos into the relevant album but that doesn't work; it appears in the album for a few seconds but is then deleted.)

When I have time, I'm going to try reinstalling again with some different settings to see if that helps.

Fortunately this is not my only implementation of the application and others (both desktop and mobile) seem to work correctly and display all of the relevant photos and albums (also correctly displayed in the web application).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just re-installed completely, removing all of the original preferences - and it makes absolutely no difference at all.  It still does not sync correctly.

What is it with Adobe products?  They always seem to be buggy and cause problems.  I only use them because of lack of alternatives, but Adobe seems to take advantage of a captive audience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why Lightroom will sync everywhere but on your desktop computer. I wish I had an answer for you. I think you should contact Adobe support. Here's a link. If you click on Invidual at the bottom it will open up a chat. Let us know if they can solve the issue. https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html?promoid=RGJ8NLP8&mv=other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Theresa. I appreciate your efforts. I'll try support, as you suggest - though past experience with Adobe support does not fill me with optimism. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ratus123, 

Were you able to resolve your sync issues with our support team? 

^Carissa 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carissa

No.  In truth I have not had the time to contact them.  I found a way to 'force-sync' the missing photos - I had to do it 'photo by photo'.  It has sort of worked - not exactly but near enough - there is now only one photo (I think) where my main desktop version is not properly in sync.  (I can manually duplicate that photo and put a copy in the relevant  album - on my desktop there is then that single photo in the album where previously there were zero photos in the album, whereas on every other device - and in the cloud - the particular photo appears twice in the album.  I still don't understand why it's happening, but it's an acceptable workaround - unless and until it does it again!

Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please reach out to me if this starts to happen again. We might be able to gather logs and share it with the Lightroom team for assistance. 

^Carissa 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines