Highlighted

Lightroom Sync with Cloud - Error and full

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i tried to migrate my old lightroom to the new one and there was a sync to the cloud.

Space is now full - and i dont know how to delete this

I see 2500 Synchronisation Error .. and 21 GB full.

How to delete this / release this ?

Thank you

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jao vdL | Adobe Community Professional

You want Lightroom Classic and not Lightroom Cloudy. Classic is the actual update to Lightroom. Adobe makes this extremely confusing but for almost everybody Lightroom Classic is the right version. Lightroom Cloudy (Adobe calls it just Lightroom which of course confuses everybody) is really a port of the version of Lightroom for mobile platforms to desktop computers and is the right version only if you want to store all your images in the cloud, and never print, social share, make slideshows, etc. etc. For everybody else Classic is the right choice.

If you really wanted to stay with the Lightroom that stores all files locally, luckily it is easy to delete everything from the cloud. First open your old Lightroom version whihc should still be there. This should give you an interface where at the top you can select Library, Develop, Map, Book, etc.). The Cloud version does not have any of these modules. Check if you see every image there and whether you can access them all. If so, log onto https://lightroom.adobe.com. Click on the icon that looks like a nose in a circle at the upper right top and select "account info". Then hit "Delete Lightroom Library". This deletes everything you uploaded to the cloud and should delete everything in the Lightroom Cloud version you installed on your computer. Now go to the creative cloud app and install Lightroom Classic. Open this and you should find all your old images in your previous catalog intact. It should just upgrade the old catalog to the newer version.

TOPICS
Problem or error, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Sync with Cloud - Error and full

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i tried to migrate my old lightroom to the new one and there was a sync to the cloud.

Space is now full - and i dont know how to delete this

I see 2500 Synchronisation Error .. and 21 GB full.

How to delete this / release this ?

Thank you

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jao vdL | Adobe Community Professional

You want Lightroom Classic and not Lightroom Cloudy. Classic is the actual update to Lightroom. Adobe makes this extremely confusing but for almost everybody Lightroom Classic is the right version. Lightroom Cloudy (Adobe calls it just Lightroom which of course confuses everybody) is really a port of the version of Lightroom for mobile platforms to desktop computers and is the right version only if you want to store all your images in the cloud, and never print, social share, make slideshows, etc. etc. For everybody else Classic is the right choice.

If you really wanted to stay with the Lightroom that stores all files locally, luckily it is easy to delete everything from the cloud. First open your old Lightroom version whihc should still be there. This should give you an interface where at the top you can select Library, Develop, Map, Book, etc.). The Cloud version does not have any of these modules. Check if you see every image there and whether you can access them all. If so, log onto https://lightroom.adobe.com. Click on the icon that looks like a nose in a circle at the upper right top and select "account info". Then hit "Delete Lightroom Library". This deletes everything you uploaded to the cloud and should delete everything in the Lightroom Cloud version you installed on your computer. Now go to the creative cloud app and install Lightroom Classic. Open this and you should find all your old images in your previous catalog intact. It should just upgrade the old catalog to the newer version.

TOPICS
Problem or error, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 29, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you tried to migrate a Lightroom Classic catalog to Lightroom (cloud). This uploads all of your photos to the Lightroom cloud. You probably don't have enough cloud storage available for all of your images. The amount of storage you have depends on the type of creative cloud account you subscribe to.

First thing to do is turn off the sync with Lightroom in your Classic catalog. You can do this by clicking on the name plate in the upper left corner.

Then sign into your account at lightroom.adobe.com. You will see all of the photos that successfully uploaded, and you can delete them from here. This will only delete them from the cloud. The originals that are part of the Classic catalog will still be on your hard drive.

Here's more information about the migration process that you started. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/migrate-to-lightroom-cc.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - but i cannot delete them or i dont know how

I see Your Lightroom Library is empty

but i see that there are 2183 sync issues

I did not find a way to release this space

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2019 0
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't really an "old" and "new" Lightroom. There are two different versions, Lightroom and Lightroom Classic which have different approaches, but both versions are being developed and updated. How many images do you have on your hard drive? Sounds like you have more than what your 20 GB will accommodate.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of images...

But i dont want to sync to cloud... and i want to delete the files in the cloud, but cannot find a way

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2019 0
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2019 1
MBreiti LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats it

Click on the icon that looks like a nose in a circle at the upper right top and select "account info". Then hit "Delete Lightroom Library".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2019 0
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want to sync to the cloud, why did you migrate your catalog? Or is this a case of changing your mind after the fact?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2019 0
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you see that your lightroom is empty? Where are you getting the error messages? Did you log into your account at lightroom.adobe.com like I suggested?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2019 0