Highlighted

Lightroom - The files could not be edited because Photoshop 2020 could not be found.

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest Photoshop 2020 install, every time i give the command in Lightroom to open an image as a smart object, I receive this message. I still have Photoshop CC2019 installed, and if THAT is running then the images open directly in the older version, but not in the new 2020 version. How can i fix this??

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom - The files could not be edited because Photoshop 2020 could not be found.

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest Photoshop 2020 install, every time i give the command in Lightroom to open an image as a smart object, I receive this message. I still have Photoshop CC2019 installed, and if THAT is running then the images open directly in the older version, but not in the new 2020 version. How can i fix this??

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 18, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Would you mind confirming the version of Lightroom you are using by going to the Help menu > System info? Also, please share the operating system version you are using?

If you are using Lightroom Classic 9.0, go to the Preferences, then select External Editor and check if you see Photoshop 2020 as the option. If not, you can add Photoshop 2020 as an additional external editor by clicking on browse and navigating to select the application.

Screenshot_20.png

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im on a MAC, Mojave 10.14.6 and Lightroom is the latest version 9.

I added Photoshop 2020 as an additional editor as you instructed, but the files sent to photoshop non-raw editable. I need to send these files as Smart Objects so I can edit them fully in Photoshop. So this solution doesn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so frustrating. Adobe provides a new version of Photoshop and my workflow comes to a halt. Is this what im paying a monthly subscription for!?!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind resetting the preferences of Lightroom Classic using the steps mentioned in the link below?

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Note: Please take a backup of your presets, plug-ins, etc. before resetting the preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now done this. It seems to work a little better. However, if for whatever reason I close Photoshop while Lightroom is open, and then open it again, Lightroom no longer finds it anymore and i get the same error again.

The "link" between Lightroom and Photoshop is very weak.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2019 0