Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom to Photoshop, original not available

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

First timer on the forum. I have a catalog synched to an album in Lightroom on my ipad pro. For this album I have the Store Locally option set to "On".  In Cloud Storage and Sync I have the Only Download Smart Previews option set to "Off". 

I want to be able to edit the original in photoshop on the iPad when I am offline, but the message "Original not available" opens whenever I attempt to edit in Photoshop on the iPad. I can see the high-rez just fine on my Mac in Lightroom Classic.

Obviously I am doing something wrong. How do I get the hi-rez loaded onto the ipad or am I stuck only editing smart previews? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to Understand this also! -

Photos that you SYNC 'UP' from a Lightroom-CLASSIC Collection are always proxy (Smart Preview) files of 'long edge 2560 pixels'.

Photos that you IMPORT to a Mobile Device or Lightroom v4.2 (the Cloud version) are the FULL-SIZE files.

If you want the full-size available to the iPad then I guess you will need to Import them to Lightroom v4.2, then the Cloud will make them available to the iPad.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

l

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines