Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom to photoshop without creating a Tiff

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm trying to edit some pics that I've uploaded from my phone (through the Lightroom app) from Lightroom CC in Photoshop. However, once I click " edit in Photoshop", the pic is automatically converted to a Tiff, and when I save it back to Lightroom, it creates a new Tiff image that is way bigger than the original one (3mb for the Jpeg vs 60mb for the Tiff), taking ages to synchronize it in the cloud. I don't even need so big photos as I mostly upload them to Instagram. There is a way to edit the pics from LR to Photoshop directly in Jpeg or at least to save them back in LR in Jpeg?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

No, that is the consequence of the non-destructive editing that Lightroom CC does. Lightroom CC does not apply its edits to the images directly, but keeps them in XMP. Originals are never changed, no matter what kind of original (raw, dng, jpeg) it is. When you send an image to Photoshop, that image does need to have the Lightroom edits applied to it, and so a copy with edits is produced. Right now, that copy is always TIFF and you cannot change that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, that is the consequence of the non-destructive editing that Lightroom CC does. Lightroom CC does not apply its edits to the images directly, but keeps them in XMP. Originals are never changed, no matter what kind of original (raw, dng, jpeg) it is. When you send an image to Photoshop, that image does need to have the Lightroom edits applied to it, and so a copy with edits is produced. Right now, that copy is always TIFF and you cannot change that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines